Last week, Miss Hanna was the recipient of the weekly “Pie to the Face”!
Her scholars focused on the theme “I can make a difference in my country”, reading and discussing the following books:
- Sky Boys: How They Built the Empire State Building by Deborah Hopkinson
- Freedom on the Menu: The Greensboro Sit-Ins by Carole Boston Weatherford
- Vision of Beauty: The Story of Sarah Breedlove Walker by Kathryn Lasky
- Belle, the Last Mule at Gee’s Bend by Calvin Alexander Ramsey & Bettye Stroud
They also participated in some AWESOME activities, such as a trip to the Newark Water Treatment Plant, a Yoga Lesson, a Mock Trial, and an Egg Drop!
They also got to hang out with therapy dog Avery Suess!
Finally, Miss Hanna’s scholars got super creative with their Spirit Week outfits! The daily themes were:
- Wacky Hair/Socks Day
- Senior Citizen Day
- Athletes vs. Mathletes Day
- Career Day
- Pajama Day
Can’t wait to see what next week has in store!